Well, we made it back to KC yesterday w/o too many traffic delays. And there is snow on the ground, OK now it's official I really am in full Christmas mode. My sweethubby just called and asked if we could go by Tarjay and pick up a few new ornaments and then put up our tree on Wednesday.
Thanksgiving was wonderful! We went to my sweethubby's family and I got to eat Turkey with dumplings, mashed potatoes and rolls (yes, I'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl). And of course the desserts, my fave -butterscotch pie and banana pudding (hubby's aunt makes the best)! When we first pulled up there were 3 deer in the yard and they were sooo cute, usually there is Elk there, but didn't see any this time.
I was very disturbed to hear that a Wal-Mart employee was killed by awaiting shoppers on Black Friday, I just can't possibly imagine what was sooo important to these people that they broke through the doors and trampled this poor young guy to death and how they could think what they bought that day could put a smile on someone's face or bring any type of happiness to them. I did not venture out to any of the craziness of the Black Friday Madness, it's just not worth the hassle (or loss of sleep) to save a couple of bucks. I'd much rather take my sweet time and enjoy perusing the not jammed packed isles of stores to find something. I usually try to make gifts from the heart than buy something typical and uninteresting.
While in KY we got to visit with some friends who were also in visiting family. We all went out and ate at this place called Columbia's Steak House in Lexington. Apparently they have some kind of "butter steak" that these people crave -I personally thought it was death on a plate! When they brought my food there was literally a crock of butter on my potato -it was a crock, I tell you.
Oh and there was this guy who was sitting there with us with a bullet in his stomach - a 45 caliber bullet lodged in his stomach. Here's the story: this guy came up on a deer that had been hit by a car but wasn't dead (he doesn't own or like guns) so he called his father-in-law to come and shoot it. The FIL shoots it but it gets up and takes off and the FIL turns to shoot it again and HE SHOOTS THE GUY! OMG, I mean it is kind of funny after the fact but can you imagine telling the story about your FIL shooting you.
After the dinner we went to this bar to watch some 80's band, let's just say I had a couple too many and I woke up feeling it the next day. I didn't realize how out of shape I was. My legs felt like I had cement blocks on for shoes -this was after just a few hours of dancing. This got me in gear to start getting a little more exercise in, I mean I knew before this I needed it but this put the big exclamation point on it.
Sooo after my night out and feeling like death, I had to take it easy the rest of the time. I took the kids to see Four Christmases. I loove Vince Vaughn and Reece Witherspoon sooo of course the movie was GREAT!! I definitely recommend it.
That pretty much summed up the trip to KY, I really miss KY and family and friends, but my home will always be where my heart is -which is with my sweethubby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
thanks for the movie tip! i hope to catch "4 christmases" soon!
Post a Comment