Friday, November 18, 2011

LA trip recap

I have held you in suspense long enough, it's time for my LA trip recap... prepare for picture overload!

I still have one set of pictures I have yet to go through but if I wait for that I may never do this recap so here it goes...


 While we were in Beverly Hills we decided to grab some lunch at Villa Blanca, owned by Lisa Vanderpump and Ken Todd from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. They must try hard to get great shots of this eatery when filming the show because it isn't as fabulous as it seems on t.v., the decor was Meh!, the service was Meh! and the food was... you guessed it Meh! But it was fun to eat at one of the spots publicised on one of the shows we like to watch! We originally had planned on eating dinner instead of lunch so we went the night before but it was super busy and we didn't want to wait but we did get to see the guy that Lisa & Ken tried to hook Kim up with on Season 1, I have know idea what his name is but it was fun to see someone who appreared on the show. Did you know that Lisa was a former actress that appeared on shows like Baywatch Nights and Silk Stalkings?

 We also visited the Beverly Hills Kendra Scott boutique, it was fun to see the color bar and I purchased a pair of Kaley earrings with red coral stones, I love them and I am actually wearing them today.


         We visited Hollywood and my daughter had to get pics with all of her favorite movie stars!


                            We visited Madame Tussauds and had too much fun posing with all the figures!















   We did two days at Disneyland so we are wearing different clothes in some of the pics (in case you're wondering). This was the first time I have been to a park when it was decorated for a holiday and it was such a delight, I can't imagine what they do for Christmas, I might have to go some day to find out!


                               We got lucky and ran into Mickey as soon as we entered the park!


          On Day 2 we also got pics with Woody and Jessie (sorry, the Jessie pic must be on my other chip)!


                                Our favorite ride at any park we visit is always the water log!





                          Hanging out a Minnie's house, I love ToonTown and all the character homes!



    Of course the day we chose to go to the beach it was overcast, here we are on the Santa Monica Pier!


                                    The water was freezing! but there were still people swimming!


Another semi-celeb siting, we saw Galen and his wife Jenna (from Dirty Soaps) and their kids at the amusement park so I guess that made up for the dreary day!




One of the things my daughter had on our to-do list, getting donuts at Randy's Donuts (famous from Iron Man)!



So that was our fabulous trip to LA, we had a great time and made some wonderful memories! Oh and because some of you asked how I won the ipad, well part of this trip I was at a conference for my work and if you registered with their networking site you were entered into a drawing to win an ipad and well what do you know... I won! Yes, I was shocked as I said in my post on it and I actually already received it, so it's legit!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

What am amazing trip!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time! All the pictures are giving me the itch to go back to California!

Gwen said...

OMG!!! I love the photos!!! I can't believe how much she has changed since we first met!!! I think maybe one day we'll have to take the two girls on a trip together. ;)

Kitty and June said...

Great pics and what a fun trip!!!!! I love that you watch all the same tv as me....housewives, dirty soap! hahah! love me some reality tv!!!