Friday, January 30, 2009

25 random things about me

if you're on facebook you have probably seen this, so i'm just going to paste my list on here as well. enjoy! and if you decide to do your own, comment and let me know so i can visit your blog and read yours also.

1. I believe everything happens for a reason. I believe in fate, destiny, karma... Pick your preference. I also believe in “signs” and look for them when I’m making major decisions. Ex: When making the decision whether to buy my first house, I was outside of my work on a break (it was on my mind), I looked up and I see *HOUSE* across the street. It was a WAREHOUSE sign and there were trees blocking the WARE, but I took it as meant to be. And YES, I agree with you, I think I’m CRAZY also. Ha ha!

2. As noted in #1, I believe my pregnancy and marriage were destined intervening moments in my life. My daughter and my husband are the BEST things in my life. I love them both more than anything! They are my HEROES!

3. I’m still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I have a Bachelors in Business and a Masters in Business Education, but I’m still unsure of what it is I want to do as a career. I’m keeping my eyes open for my SIGN!

4. I have lived in 8 different states. I currently live in America’s “heartland” the lovely state of Kansas. If you came to visit me during a certain time here in KC we could: go to a Chief’s or Royal’s game (hopefully, they will both be better next year!) or even a MLS Wizards game if your a soccer fan, watch a Nascar race @ the Kansas Speedway, eat lots of delish BBQ, visit any of the over 200 fountains, listen to some great jazz and blues,
lose or preferably win some money @ one of our Casinos, or we can just look for some kind of SIGN as to what to do... Just kidding!

5. I had a fabulous action packed wedding in Vegas. And No, it wasn’t on a whim, it was actually fully planned through Mandalay Bay and was absolutely perfect. Looove the fact that I had a very memorable, special, beautiful wedding and didn’t have to STRESS about anything. Oh and my first bet of our wedding trip was $100 on black @ the roulette table and I WON, what a great SIGN for things to come. And yes, roulette is my game of choice, looove it!

6. My husband is a “Dr.”, but when it comes to my ailments (both physical and mental), I know more than him! LOL!

7. Mt. Dew is my drug of choice, but I’m currently in rehab for it and am having withdrawals. Just kidding, but not really.

8. I have been known to be spontaneous when it comes to traveling. I have without much thought or any plans boarded a plane for some destination on more than one occasion. This also includes road trips. I love to drive any where or no where in general and just see where I end up. If you’d like a fun travel companion... Call me!

9. I have 5 brothers and all of our names start with the letter “J” and all the grandchildren’s names in our family currently start with the letter “D”.

10. I am a VERY picky eater. I eat everything plain! I am very specific in my food orders when I eat out... As in “please” don’t butter my bread” and “yes” plain, just the meat and the bread” I’m VERY nice about it but they still usually get it wrong (I don’t know if this is on purpose to spite me ...or not). Hmmm.

11. My favorite Mexican restaurant is Jose Pepper’s which we frequent @ a minimum of once a week (you probably read this in my STATUS). They have... the “best” chips and salsa ever. I could eat at least 2 baskets of their chips on my own. I don’t, but sooo could.

12. SPORTS is a major part of my life. We are owners to 2 (yes, it’s no typo “2”) sets of season tickets for the Chiefs. We are diehard Tony Stewart fans and usually attend at least 2 races a year. We are diehard Louisville fans (ahhh! Gasp! Breathe... All you UK fans, I know it’s hard to believe) whether they win or lose.

13. I looove reality TV. The more CRAZY the better. It just makes me feel better to know there are lots & lots & lots of crazy people out there, so I‘m not really THAT crazy (perspectively speaking). I love TV in general, House, Bones, True Blood, NCIS, HGTV, BRAVO, TLC, TRUTV, Oxygen, this list could go on and on. But I usually DVR everything and watch it w/o the commercials (this way I don’t feel so bad about how much TV I really watch).

14. I am a dog person, sorry CATS it’s nothing personal. I have 2 chocolate labs who are my other children. I love them more than most people.

15. I love to read books and have passed on that love to my daughter. I usually read self-help books, or auto/biographies and books on business & marketing. I love to read about people’s lives and different point’s of view. I’m very open-minded.

16. I am a Taurus which is a “negative” sign. We are termed "negative" because we are supposed to be naturally less communicative, more receptive and more sensitive than the positive signs. We prefer to draw upon personal resources to achieve our life goals and tend to be reserved, cautious and often retiring - in extreme cases standoffish. We may match the introvert personality. If you “know” me you know I am “true” to my sign.

17. I am the most indecisive person I know. I don’t know if it is a commitment issue or what. It can be over the most stupid thing ever like deciding which flavor of ice cream I want. Luckily, I have a very understanding husband who says, “just get them both”. OK!

18. I love music! I rock out to my “JAMS” all the time. I love just about every kind of music there is, rock, 80’s, punk, metal, bluegrass, alternative, country, jazz, blues, this is kind of like the TV thing, the list could go on and on. I alter my jams to my mood.

19. I prefer warm weather to cold weather.
20. I love anything that involves being creative.
21. Desserts is my favorite food group. I love SWEETS. And I love to bake!

22. I love watching movies. My favorite being comedies. I like Adam Sandler’s movies. Anything that makes me laugh! My husband will say, “that’s ~ not ~ funny”, but I just can’t help it. I will laugh until my eyes water.

23. I looove my life, it’s not perfect, but it’s what I make it. Did I mention I have the best husband and daughter in the whole world! It’s true, I really, really do!

24. I don’t like pretentious people. Get over yourself. I have a fuller life because of all my friends and acquaintances, I’m always open to new friendships! Call or e-mail me, we’ll do lunch or better yet DRINKS!

25. This is the most thought I’ve put in to anything lately. Is that sad? Hope you enjoyed it and do one of your own.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Gasp, choke, grunt! You're a Loserville fan?! I'm not sure I can continue to be your blogger friend. Yep, die-hard UK fan here but I'll look past your flaw (: I loved reading your list and learned so much. I'm on FB too and I recently did this. Look me up and you can see my list if you want - Danielle Deskins. I'll take you up on the bbq if I'm ever in St. Louis!

Gwen said...

I'm right with you on your #1 & #24 but of course you probably got that already. I saw the tag so I'll post it soon. random things seems to always take a lot of thinking. See you tomorrow for lunch!!! I'm ready for the OG. :)

Aubrey :) said...

Hi, I found your blog by searching for people who are Tony Stewart fans, and I see that you are too. NASCAR is fantastic, and Tony is BY FAR my favorite driver!! He's so rad :) Anyway, have a great new season and lets support our man as he goes from orange to red (did you know his 3rd sponser is Burger King? YUM.) 15 Days til Daytona!!


-Aubrey

Barefoot in the Park said...

i am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason too!

Aubrey :) said...

I KNOW, I love the color red so I know Tony will be fantastic in it (plus now I can actually wear the t-shirts that support him without people asking me if they're Hooters shirts! Hahaha, awkward.) Man, I really wanna have a party to kick off Daytona, but it's not going to happen, sadly. And yes, I AM going to Kansas because I live like 30 minutes away from the track :) Maybe I'll see you! Haha. I shall talk to you later :)

Anonymous said...

We got married in Vegas too! The best decision ever. Also, when we went back we stayed at the Four Seasons on top of Mandalay Bay. One of the best trips ever!! (after Paris of course).
Funny, you didn't strike me as a "married in Vegas" kind of gal!!