
Saturday was really cold but the sun was shining and it was a really great day. After cooking sweethubby breakfast, me and little bit decided we would go ice skating. Originally, we had planned to go to Crown Center because that is where we always go. But sweethubby found us a new place. It is a lot closer and a lot less crowded. It is in a new section of the Town Center shopping area and just opened this January, so I don't think too many people realize it's there. I know I didn't know and I go there quite often.
We had a lot of fun because there was not many people there at all. Little bit even had enough room to practice her backwards skating and some of her spins. After about an hour we got some gourmet white chocolate hot cocoa from a nice little restaurant called ~ingredient that is next to the ice rink.

After ice skating we needed to warm up so we decided to go to see Bride Wars. It was a great movie about friendship and was sooo cute. It really reminded me of my bff and I (not the fighting part but just who they were). Kate H. is a hardcore attorney, just like my bff and Anne H. is a softy teacher, just like me. We were both each others maid of honors, it really made me miss her a lot.
On Sunday we all went to the Plaza to watch Louisville vs. Syracuse (YAY! CARDS!!) at the 810 Zone. It was a great game the Cards pulled off another win! The 810 Zone was a nice find to watch the games from now on. They even have a game area for kids (big and little) and the kid meals come with $5 in free tokens -NICE!
Little bit and I headed to a few shops while sweethubby stayed at 810 to watch some games. There are lots of sales going on right now down at the Plaza. I found some cute phone covers for my iphone @ Pottery Barn for like $4 each, I got hot pink, lime green, and red (for my CARDS!). I also got a cute little Build-A-Bear cake pan @ Williams Sonoma for only $10 (can't wait to bake a cute bear cake and post a pic)!
After our shopping we grabbed sweethubby from 810 and headed to the Melting Pot for a sweet desert. We got a small Yin Yang with milk chocolate and white chocolate. My favorite thing to dip is the rice crispy treats! YUMMY!
And yes... this does mean I blew my "diet" this past weekend, but I'm back on track today and I'm not beating myself up over it!

Dinner tonight is HEALTHY CHILI!
1 lb ground Turkey... browned
1 Large can tomato sauce
1 Can of V8 Juice
1 pack of HOT McCormick Chili mix
ADD any additional items you enjoy (beans, onions, peppers, etc)!








3 comments:
I'm glad you had a great weekend!!! We saw that ice skating pavillion right after Christmas but it was warmer and was packed!!! Looks like you got there on a great weekend!!! What an adorable pan!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!! I bet a jello bear would be cute too. Or even ice cream. Oh the possiblities.
We should do lunch this Friday if you are available. :)
Sounds like a great weekend!!
I loved Bride Wars too, and I mean everyone loves the Melting Pot!! :)
My goodness, what an action packed weekend!!
I painted my nails and watched season 3 of Sex and The City!
Post a Comment