Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lucky in Kentucky

Well I made it back from my trip and I have some great news. I think we have a found a family that I feel comfortable leasing the house to. I had a long conversation with both the husband and wife and feel confident that they will love and take care of the home. I'd love it if they ended up buying it, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I am just happy that we will have some help in paying the mortgage and that it will be taken care of.

I had a really great visit in KY. Going back makes me miss being there, but I also missed being away from my sweethubby.

I got all the necessary things taken care of like Littlebits chickenpox shot first thing so we had the rest of our days to visit. We went to the movies with my mom and nephews to watch Hotel for Dogs. It was a cute little movie and we are all dog lovers so we "awed" at all the cute little and big dogs in the movie. I was able to make time to visit two of my bestest friends. My friend C. lives in Hazel Green so I drove up to visit her on Saturday and hang out. She has the cutest little country bumpkin daughter. C. was kind enough to make me a country dinner, so we had bbq ribs, potatoes, green beans and cheese biscuits. As funny as it may seem, while she was cooking brought up the fact I have gained about 15 lbs since I moved to Kansas City. Now this didn't stop me from eating my great dinner but it did make me realize I needed to make some changes when I got back. My friend is sooo funny she puts bacon grease in everything she cooks (sounds gross, but tastes delish). And the biscuits weren't from scratch, she uses the can kind and then tops them with parmesan and garlic before going into the oven. We had a great visit and then her husband made it in from work and we all had a long conversation on what makes a great marriage. I really miss being able to spend time with my friend C. :(

Sunday I got to eat dinner with my sweetgranny. This is probably the thing I miss the most about KY. My granny is 85 but still cooks every Sunday. I had potroast, potatoes, corn, beans, and biscuits with gravy, and cornbread. I know this was another huge meal, but I would never pass up my grannies cooking. I miss being able to spend time with my granny.

After dinner I headed to Mt.Sterling to visit my other friend F. she is a great friend also. She lives on one of those streets in historic downtown where all the houses have awesome wood work, hard wood floors and built-ins. The street where everyone hangs out on the front porch and when you drive by on the way to the grocery you end up stopping by and an hour has passed before you know it. If I could live anywhere this is where I'd live. This is where I lived when I met my sweethubby and then left there to move to be with him. I miss living there, my job, my friends, what seems like my life. We also had a great visit and I miss our weekly lunch dates and talks.

So now I'm back in KC and I've decided that I need to lose this extra 15 lbs I'm carrying around with me. The 15 lbs that have caused me to buy a few extra pair of pants and to feel like crap. I'm not a dieter, if I say I'm on a diet then I end up not eating anything for a day and then eat everything in sight after that. I've been reading all the weight watcher blogs and I have an interest in it, but to me it's easier to count the calories than to translate it into the points. Sooo, I've decided to just be conscious of when I'm really hungry or just bored and to eat only things that my body needs to be healthy. I am also writing down everything I eat and the calories. I cleaned out my cupboards yesterday and got rid of all the sugar and salt junk I have been eating. I went to the grocery and bought everything I need for this weeks meals.

Yesterday this is what I ate:

Breakfast: 1/2 banana, vanilla slim fast

Lunch: egg white sandwich and handful of almonds

snack: fiber bar smores flavor

Dinner: 1/2 cup potatoes, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 pc of turkey sausage and 1 slice of bread.

Dessert: 100 calorie snack pack of vanilla oreos

I drank: Only about 20 ounces of water and 1 diet cherry 7up

I really didn't feel hungry at any point during the day, but I did have a major headache which was probably from not having any caffeine. I know I need to drink more water and will make sure to do that today, I also plan on starting to workout at least 3 days of the week. I'm not going to use my blog as a food journal or anything but I am going to post if I lose any weight and if I cheat, so I'm going to try to hold myself accountable.

My anniversary is in 2 months, which is also Spring Break and we are going somewhere, not sure where yet, but I want this weight gone before then, so I know if I stick to this I can do it.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I am so glad you had a great time!!! I was wondering if you made it back okay. I don't think you need to lose any weight but I can feel you on the diets. I'm supposed to be in a wedding this summer and I'm nervous about fitting into the dress. Maybe we should diet together. :)