Thursday, March 12, 2009

No Pain No Gain... er.um. I mean LOSS!

I think my "inspiration" jeans are working.
I have been working out everyday, yes everyday, for a minimum of 1 hour.
I have even hit that time when you finally wake up and aren't sore.
I feel so much better.
The great thing about me working out is it keeps the foods I choose to eat in check.
Now when I reach over to grab that Twix or Rice Crispy Treat in the check out line, that little voice in my head that used to say "Yay! Yummy Sweetness!" now says "If you eat that you might have well not even worked out this morning!". Oh, the guilt.
It's working! I haven't given in yet.

NOW, my big challenge is going to be my trip back home to Kentucky.

I've already told myself, I'm going to run everyday or find a gym that will let me come in for the week. (I'm pretty sure the guy from my old gym will let me do this.)

It will be hard to refrain from grabbing those sweet snacks every time I stop for gas. But, I'm just going to have to keep reminding myself how hard I've worked this week so I don't blow it on this trip.

Did I mention I'm going to Kentucky, oh yeah, I did... but I'm soooo excited!!!!



I know I just went back in January, but it was for a weekend and was just too short.
I'm getting a whole week this trip. I've already been making plans with my friends back home. And yes, of course I'll be going to see my sweetGranny and eating Sunday dinner and Tuesday Soup beans night.

I checked the weather, cold and rainy, YUCK! Oh well, I wish I was going to the beach. But, I know I will have a great trip and I really miss everyone there and can't wait to visit them.

What are y'all doing for Spring Break???

2 comments:

Gwen said...

That's fabulous that you are keeping up with it so well!!! I need to get on a routine bad!!! I'm going to start this next week with Ellie gone...every day at least an hour. I hope you all have a great time back home. I still think we should go to the Derby together. I think we would have a blast!!! Have a safe trip. Talk to you soon. :)

Danielle said...

Good for you! I know the guilty voice quite well. My only problem is that I also have a rationalizing voice who helps me justify every cookie and sweet treat that I eat. I can't make it stop!
The weather isn't so hot here right now but just be glad you didn't come today - it's snowing right now! What?! It was nearly 70 two days ago and now snow? Good old KY weather for ya. Have a safe trip and splurge a little on the food, you're on vacation!