Friday, June 19, 2009

No, I haven't fell off the face of the earth...

I have just been really busy preparing to move into a bigger apartment and getting ready for a trip to Kentucky, then back to KC, then back to KY, then to FL, and then back to KY, and then back to KC... wow that sounds like a lot of traveling.

I am actually sitting in my lovely home in KY right now typing this. I so wish it would sell. Every time I come here, I get a little sad because I have this beautiful house that is just sitting here empty. At least, I won't be stuck in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment much longer.

I really like KC and I have made some great friends there, but every time I drive into KY I realize how much I miss it. I miss the beautiful hilly landscape where when I was a kid my brothers and I would play out in the woods -way past dark. And I miss how country everyone talks and I don't stand out as much as I do in KC. I miss my sweet family and being close to the friends I grew up with and know my secrets. I just miss way too much to even list here because I could go on for a while.

Tonight my family had a little get together (something they do a lot, that I also miss) for my papaw for father's day. I got to see my new little baby cousin who was born on May 9th, she is such a cutie. I got to sit around outside and eat and catch up and just enjoy the feeling of having family. Sometimes my sweet husband (as sweet as he is) just doesn't understand what it's like to miss these simple things. He didn't grow up in a family like mine and doesn't know what's like. I guess you can't miss what you've never had.

Thanks for listening friends, I just needed to get these feelings out before I go to bed.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I hear ya girl! I moved to KC two years ago and although I love our friends and my hubby nothing can take the place of a loving, close family! I like your blog because both of my parents are from Lexington and we still have tons of close family there. One of our favorite places to visit!

Gwen said...

I can't imagine how hard it is to be so far away from family. Although I might take that over being so close in proximity to mine. LOL!!! But...I can tell you that we love having you here in Kansas City!!! Have a fabulous time. Let me know how your meeting goes and definitely let me know when you're back. We'll plan a fun weekend activity with the girls. XOXO