Tuesday, May 4, 2010

still getting over the weekend...recap & review

Just a quick recap of my weekend:

Went to the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium (where the KC Chiefs play) and Kauffman Stadium (where the KC Royals play) -(they share stadium parking) to do a mile walk to kick off the Corporate Challenge events for the hospital where I work. After the walk we went to dinner with some friends at The Thai Place in Westport -Yum!



Took littlebit to the Brookside Art Festival!



If you live in KC or ever plan on visiting, Brookside is one area you should stop by and peruse. Just a few of the fabulous shops are:

Stuff ~ they have fabulous handmade art, jewelry, etc in this fun shop. I wanted to take this chair home.


Lauren Alexandra ~ if I do ever have another baby this will be one of the first shops I visit... so adorable -everything! They also make custom bedding and the cutest little dresses I've ever seen -Adorable!


Brookside Toy & Science ~ my littlebit loves toy stores!


Reading Reptile ~ what quaint little shopping area would be complete without a children's bookstore... this store was amazing -the owner's create paper mache characters from popular books and they are all over the store! Super Cool!




And to end the fabulous weekend...
On Sunday I made the mistake of running 3.5 miles with my sweethubby and I am still feeling like I've been run over by a bus!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Those look like such cute and quaint little shops! Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm glad you guys missed the rain!