Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cha..Cha..Chicago!

Chicago is one of my favorite cities to visit! It's an exciting city that's not too far to jump in the car and get away for a fun weekend. I love staying downtown and being able to walk everywhere I want to go. It's definitely an inviting escape from the norm but honestly I can only handle a few days at a time... I can't help it I'm just a country girl at heart!



My sweethubby usually plans every detail of our trips (can you say OCD -LOL!) where we stay, what we do, where we eat -which is fine with me because I hate making decisions (and he's pretty good at it). This go around we stayed at the Palmer House



This Hilton hotel is gorgeous! And it is rich in history...


I highly recommend it as a top choice for any one's next visit!

While my sweethubby and his friend went to Chicagoland for the Nascar race, us girls went shopping and then caught Billy Elliot!

Billy Elliot was fabulous! I loved every minute of it and Elton John did a great job writing all the music for it. One rec... if you plan to see this show I wouldn't take younger children, although the cast is filled with young tykes they pack some pretty heavy language!

Billy Elliot is the star of the show but his friend Micheal stole my heart and in my opinion made the show! Love him!

Oh look! It's an actual picture with me in it. LOL!


Thank you honey for buying us girls show tickets while you guys did your man thang and thank you for another fabulous trip... I love you!


Of course I did some shopping and I got some great buys at Nordstrom's and a few other shops. I did peruse the LV on Michigan Avenue but didn't buy anything new this trip (although something did catch my eye).

I will have another recap with more pictures that are on my other camera sometime in the near future.

And for now I will leave you with this...


I bet next time... someone locks the actual bike to the post and not just the tire. (I feel bad for whoever's bike got stolen but I had to take this pic! LOL)

6 comments:

JMB said...

I have alllways wanted to go to Chicago! And I have always wanted to go in an actual LV store...although I am sure I would want one of everything! It sounds like you had a great time! And that WAS sweet of your hubby to get you tickets for the show!

Annie said...

I LOVE Chicago....looks like you guys had a great time :)

Middle Name Marie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Look forward to your advice for my fall trip to the windy city at the next book club meeting!

nest of posies said...

just wanted to say hello!

i've never been to the city of chicago. just the airport & i don't think that counts.
how fun that you got to go shopping while the men did there thing.
that's the best kind of shopping in my book.

Gwen said...

What a fun weekend!!! I love the photos and you look fabulous girl!!! I see the Neverfull too!!! XOXO

Kitty and June said...

that tire is a hoot! what a fun weekend great hubs! see ya tonight!