Friday we arrived and headed to lunch at the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe, it's right across from the stadium which was also across from our hotel.
I had the fish tacos. Yum!

This straight from the oven Peanut Butter Cookie with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce was to die for amazing!

My sweethubby always orders coffee and Bailey's with his desserts and this is what the waitress brought...

Coffee with Bay Leaves! This cracked. us. UP! So funny!
This was the first game we have attended since they built the new terrace addition to the stadium.

Here we are taking in the view from the new terrace -another great addition was offering half price beer and hotdogs pregame on the terrace.

We played pretty decent but still lost which was not a huge surprise -we are still rebuilding since the major downturn under the last coach.
Saturday morning we headed to Lexington to attend the fall meet at Keeneland, which is one of the biggest things I miss about living in Ky. I love horse racing -some day when I post some pictures of my house, you will get to see my love of horse racing has impacted some of my house decor.
Here we are before the races. I wore my cute Tucker lawn bird print dress from Tarjay with blue tights and knee boots.

I love betting on the grays!

Calvin Borel rode in several races (you can't lose when betting on Calvin and a gray)!



After Keeneland we went to one of our favorite old dining spots -oh how I miss those crinkle cut fries! Isn't it funny the things you always add to your list when you return home -I must eat at Harry's/Malone's!

I was so happy that a couple of my girlfriends could stop by and visit for a bit! I miss these girls like crazy! The beautiful one in the middle just received the honor of KY ER Nurse of the Year! And the other beautiful one on the end well she is just a fabulous attorney who kicks law butt everyday! I'm so proud to call both of them my best friends!

Sunday we drove south to visit some family and the drive was gorgeous!
So to end on... some pictures of the fabulous KY fall foliage!


As usual this trip was way too short!








3 comments:
Did I know you were a Loserville fan?! Oh horror of horrors! I must do my best to convert you. At least you weren't decked out in the gear like your husband (:
Sounds like you guys had a great trip. That dessert looks sinfully delicious!!
Even though your hubby is sporting Louisville gear I'm glad you had a great time :)
Love the pic of you at Keeneland-you look great!
So glad you had a great trip home!!! You look great girl!!! I'm still loving your shorter hair. :) XOXO
Post a Comment