This was my first Thanksgiving to actually cook Thanksgiving dinner and thank the lord it was all edible! Victory!


I just bought a turkey breast -threw it in the crock pot for about 4 hours and viola...
We also had cooked potatoes (we are the Buttertons), green beans, dressing, rice and rolls. And pumpkin pie for dessert.
We bought our babies some big legs to gnaw on, which they loved!

We all ran that morning, so we didn't feel too bad about enjoying all that food. The rest of the day was spent watching movies and sports.
BLACK FRIDAY: Even though I love to shop, I am not a crazy, wake-up at the crack of dawn, fight the crowds, stand in long lines, kind of shopper. Sorry, that is just not my idea of fun, I'm the sleep in and pay the extra $20, get it later (as in after 9 am) kind of shopper. Even with sleeping in, I was able to get the sale items I wanted which included: 1 terabyte portable hard drive (Tarjay), 8 gigabyte card for my camera (Tarjay), and 2 something, somethings that are gifts and I can't share right now.
Later, I met up with the girls and we had a fabulous lunch and then a few of us did a little shopping before saying goodbye. Fun times!
Saturday: We had some friends over for some wine and game night and we played this...

my hubs had heard a commercial for it on Sirius and picked it up at Tarjay, it was a lot of fun. We laughed all night long! So fun!
Sunday: We ran again and decided it was finally time to get our boat off the lake for the winter. We picked the windiest day ever to do this... Oy Vey! So, it was decided I would drive the boat around the lake and let the Sta-bil work it's magic and of course the lake was crazy choppy from the wind and it was splashing freezing water all over me. Then the stupid tube flies up and out of the boat into the water, it took me forever to get it back in the boat... all the while my hubs is waiting at the boat ramp for me to load the boat. I knew this was going to be extremely hard getting the boat to get on the trailer straight with the wind blowing 5,000 mph but then we amassed a few bystanders, just standing, watching. Thanks people, it's hard enough dealing with the wind and then I had an audience. Lovely! After about 5 attempts and hubs moving closer to the dock so when the wind blew, I could only drift so far -we finally got it loaded. Yes, thank you, thank you... Ugh! What a day!
It was a great holiday weekend, and although I missed being with extended family -it was nice to stay home and just have our own little family Thanksgiving weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment