Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Fun

We finally put our tree up this weekend! I think our trip to the pottery painting shop to paint ornaments and the surprise visit from Santa lit a spark under my behind. We put up a 4footer because 1. we are in a small apartment and the sweethubby's 65 inch tv takes precedence and 2. honestly, I'm just too lazy to put up a bigger tree. But I think it is perfect, we decorate with traditional red and green rustic and primitive style decorations. So, the small size adds to that simplistic style (that's what I'm telling myself anyways...justification people). The tree skirt is a rag quilted skirt that my aunt made me one year as a gift. It is super cute, but I don't like all the patches so I use the backside that is a red and green fabric with holly on it.

I am in full Christmas mode now. I have the radio dial set on the all-Christmas station in the car. I've got several Christmas projects that I am going to start on this week. I have already bought all the supplies to make our annual Gingerbread house. I have made too many ElfYourself videos with various family members and e-mailed them. I have decided on the picture to use for our Christmas cards and need to make the cards and mail them. Wow, this is going to be a super-busy week! We will be leaving to go to Montana for our Christmas in just 11 days, I better get busy. I'll try to post and provide pictures when I get a project done. Oh and it's suppose to snow here tomorrow, woohoo!

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy... just because!







1 comment:

Gwen said...

I think your tree looks great and I love your little Santa stocking holder!!! :)