Friday, January 9, 2009

Help Wanted: ???

I really had planned on doing better about blogging in the new year, but obviously that thought passed too quickly. But starting today, I really am going to try to do better.
I'm really sad today because I had a job interview yesterday that I was really excited about, but then got the "we went with another candidate call last night". It is just so frustrating because in my mind I just knew I was going to get this job. The interview went really well and the employer even complimented me on several of my answers, but I guess it was just fluff.

Oh, well! On to some HAPPY thoughts.

Yesterday, I stopped at TJ Maxx after my interview and I scored a great new pair of Coach sunglasses for only $39. Awesome! I had actually tried on a brown pair before Christmas and they were regular TJ price and I almost bought them, but didn't want to spend that money on myself at Christmas time. Soooooo, I was so excited to see a black pair on clearance and snatched them up, they don't even have any scratches. This is what they look like... Pretty Hott, I do say so myself.


One of my Christmas gifts from the GMIL was a gift card to Dilliards, love the thought, but seriously I Hate This Store!! So, the night before my interview me and little bit went to the mall to see if I could find anything I liked there (very doubtful), but I did end up buying 4 shirts. They're alright but nothing like, Oh wow I looove this, you know.

But I did get some cute new shoes at JC Penny. WOO HOO, I looove shoes, some people love handbags, I loove shoes! So, anyways, I usually don't shop at JC Penny, but before Christmas I got a $10 certificate from them in the mail and had went in to see what I could find. The shoes were marked down to $29.99, but again I didn't want to spend money on myself before Christmas so I didn't get the shoes and got a 9.99 shirt instead (which was like change after the certificate). But of course, I regretted not getting the shoes the minute I left the store.
Sooo, as we were getting ready to leave the mall, I thought I would just run in and check to see if they still had any... and they did have 1 pair in my size left. And they were an additional 40% off, Woo Hoo! This is what they look like, Super Hott!!!


Since today is an absolutely beautiful sunny day here in KC, I'm going to put on my new super hott shoes, my awesome buy Coach sunglasses, and put A BIG SMILE on my face and be happy that I have such a SUPER SWEETHUBBY and wonderful daughter who love me even if I didn't get that dumb job anyways.

5 comments:

Kate said...

I hate that call/email/letter! After investing so much time getting ready and then you are rejected :( It sucks!

I do love the sunglasses!

Gwen said...

I'm sorry the job didn't work out but that just means there are bigger better things in the works for you!!! YAY on the sunglasses!!! That is fabulous and I love them.

We really should get together soon. Call me or drop me a line. :)

Jessica said...

Cute shoes!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the job. Good luck with the TJ's job though, that could be great, just think of the discount!
Great glasses, and love the sneaks. I got some cute pink and black nikes at JC Penney. (never bought anything there before!) I'll be wearing them in the house though because the only thing I can wear outside is the LLBean snow boots!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love seeing people's bargains like this! Adorable sunglasses! And the shoes are great too...and of course the price! Way to go girl! Thanks for visiting me today, too! :)
Carrie