Tuesday, February 24, 2009



I hope everyone is having a fantabulous Mardi Gras. It is becoming a beautiful day here in KC and I am feeling very good about today. I'm hoping that this Fat Tuesday will bring Fat Pockets to me with a job interview I have today. Everyone cross your fingers and toes for me, I would really love it if they hired me on the spot and I didn't even have to wait for an answer. We can all dream -right.

I need some good news after the very disappointing news I got in the mail yesterday. I received a letter with my issue of Country Home that let me know that Country Home is no longer being published and this would be my farewell issue. Wasn't it nice of them to cash the check I just sent them to renew my County Home for 3 years and then send me this letter letting me know that My Good News is... they are completing my subscription with Better Homes and Gardens. UGH! And of course this is the same thing that happened with my subscription to Cottage Living, this magazine knew since November they would be cancelling the magazine, but still cashed my check to renew and this check did not even clear my bank until last month, I have yet to receive anything from them stating what GREAT magazine I'll be receiving instead of Cottage Living. I'm sooo sad, my top two favorite magazines GONE FOREVER! so disappointing. I also lost my subscription to Domino, but that was less disappointing considering I liked it but didn't LOVE it like the other two. What's next... My Country Living???

6 comments:

Jessica said...

So sad about your magazine subscription fiasco! Ughh!

Yes, we love the 4 door jeep. David also has a jeep Cherokee. He loves Jeep! : )

Danielle said...

Good luck with the interview! So sorry to hear about the magazine cancellations. I guess I should be glad I've still got my tried and true Southern Living. I think the only way that one would be cancelled is if the entire company went bankrupt. Here's to finding another magazine (and another company for that matter) that you love just as much or better!

Gwen said...

That sucks about the magazines!!! I don't subscribe to any but I don't know what I would do without my 200 Victoria's Secret catalogs per week. :)

I'm sending prayers and good vibes out your way for a great interview and a job offer to follow!!! Let me know how it goes. :)

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me with Domino magazine. I sent a check for 2 gift subscriptions and a 1 year subscription for me. I got a refund for my subscription, but nothing for the 2 gifts.
And no word on a replacement magazine.
Very frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and good luck with the job interview!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! That whole area where the Curious Sofa was located was very nice. It had a great vibe.