Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Madness

I should just rename this blog, the once a week blogger. Lately, it seems I have a lack of interest in posting.

After some really nice weather here in KC, March came with a cold and snowy arrival. Here I was working on my faux tan, had been generously applying my Dove self tanner awaiting the day I could break out the short pants and what do I get??? SNOW!?!

I am in major need of some warm, sunny weather. I have a bad case of SAD that needs some SUN therapy! and The lack of a job and socialization doesn't help much.
My Sweethubby just can't understand why I'm sooo sad that I have no job and that he works superhard in order to support me, so I really don't have to work and most people probably would kill to be in my position but it's just no fun for me to sit home alone all day, sorry! It would be different if I had a little one to care for, but I don't. I await the day we sell our house so that we can start working on that matter, but until then...

I did buy some "inspiration" jeans this weekend. What do you ask are "inspiration" jeans. Let me tell you. "inspiration" jeans are jeans that looked really cute hanging on the rack, but when you tried them on they weren't so cute, but you could tell they would be cute if you would just lose oh- I don't know at least a butt cheek and at least a third of a thigh. So, I bought them and now they are hanging in front of my elliptical to remind me.. of how cute I could look in my new jeans if I get my lazy, large butt on my elliptical and work out daily.


Last night little bits school had a roller skating party and we decided to go. I have not had a pair of roller skates on in a loooong time.. like long time as in since I was in probably grade school. It was sooo much fun! We had a great time and surprisingly my legs aren't hurting as much as I thought they'd be, must be those workouts I've been doing on the elliptical lately.

Maybe, I'll wear my "inspiration" jeans next time I go roller skating.. give me a few weeks. er. months. ok at least one month. I keep giving myself these deadlines, but this time I'm serious (my sweethubby would belly laugh at this statement) but since he's not here and I'm not talking to him.. I'm saying it: I will wear my "inspiration" jeans in April and look cute in them. haha.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You're cracking me up! I love your inspiration jeans and know the routine all too well. I heard recently that if you're having difficulty sticking to your exercise plan, that you should change your mindset. Instead of thinking of it in terms of weight loss, you should focus on the health factor and that will help drive you towards your goal. That has worked for me the last couple of weeks, as I think this is the longest amount of consecutive time that I've stayed with it.
Oh and does the Dove stuff work? I'm as white as a ghost so I need all the help I can get. I've used Clinique, Bath & Body, and The Body Shop in the past and they all work okay but just don't last long.
Have a good day - Mrs. Sunshine is out today so I'm smiling from ear to ear!!

Gwen said...

I love that you bought inspiration jeans!!! I was thinking bout picking up an inspiration dress some day soon!!! And yes...we are still on for Saturday. I'm super excited!!! I'm in need for some adult time too. Good thing the kids can talk to each other. :)