Friday, May 8, 2009

friday faves

why is it when i am doing so well on getting my workouts in and keeping on track with my healthy eating habits that all i can think about is sweets?

i'll be honest i can't not eat sweets so my guilty pleasure has been this sweet little treat

i buy the blue bunny brand and their only 60 calories... sweet!

orange cream is one of my faves

love it


so yummy

want orange cream overload?
here is a fabulous and easy orange cream cake recipe

INGREDIENTS
1 package orange cake mix
2 packages orange flavored gelatin mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed

DIRECTIONS
Bake cake as directed in a 9x13 inch pan. When done, use a meat fork to poke holes across the top of the entire cake. Allow to cool.
In a medium bowl, mix together 1 box gelatin, 1 cup hot water and 1 cup cold water. Pour over top of cake. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Mix remaining box of gelatin, pudding mix, milk and vanilla together. Beat well. Fold whipped topping into this mixture, and spread on top of cake. Chill in refrigerator until serving.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Nessa said...

Ummm just an fyi, your orange cream bar treat has been my favorite icecream since forever. period. and i want it right now! lol. Happy friday. =)

Gwen said...

I had such a fun time on Saturday!!! I can't wait to do some more fun outdoors stuff again!!! I think next time we need to do the art museum. That would be so much fun. I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day and enjoyed Star Trek!!! XOXO

Sweet Simplicity said...

I want one of those ice cream treats! Yummy!