i must say that i have had major anxiety over all this house business. i have heard one too many building horror stories of people who lost major money or didn't even get a completed house at finish so i was quite skeptical of this builder offering to build us the exact same house in only 2 1/2 months time frame -for the same price.
so anyways... we met with the builder yesterday and one of the first things mentioned was it was going to be more money because we were getting a premium lot that backed to green space. so of course -i was like okay here we go...and my sweethubby is like OKAY -NO PROBLEM! and i could feel my face getting hot from his over enjoyment at agreeing to pay more (my sweethubby is a yes,yes,yes-man ~which comes in handy when say... i ask for $$$ to buy an LV but NOT when we are shelling out $$$ to some builder)! aside from the lot price the rest of the discussion was actually quite comforting and the builder was very kind and even lowered the % of down payment he requires to build. we drove out to the lot and also looked at the original house again and then went back and signed the papers.
so it's official! we are building a new house! my anxiety has been replaced with uber-excitement and i have my first meeting Monday with the builder's interior designer to discuss all the details! we actually feel lucky that we didn't get the original house and are very happy with the way things turned out. have i mentioned how excited i am??? here is a description of our house...
New Expanded Redbud Floorplan, award winning 2 story design with 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, open floor plan with granite in kitchen & bathroom vanities, hardwoods, tile, deck with 9' walkout basement, Craftsman style elevation.
i have a super busy weekend starting tonight with MR. PURE COUNTRY himself GEORGE STRAIT!!!

(hello hotness! there's just something about a man in a cowboy hat!)
we will be enjoying the George and REBA concert tonight from a suite with friends (the best way to see a concert)!
tomorrow i have promised my littlebit a day at the mall with a friend and then sweethubby and i will be going back downtown again for an evening out with his employees.
Sunday - i will be driving around our future neighborhood looking at the exterior paint colors and style of rock of people's houses and trying to decide what i want on our house. it is easier for me to pick a color on a house than look at hundreds of paint chips and try to imagine that color on a whole house.
hope you guys have a fabulous weekend!








4 comments:
It sounds like it all worked out perfectly in the end! Plus if there were any paint colors or other features you weren't crazy about, now you can change them! I can't wait to see the finished product.
Yay...sounds like you are getting the perfect house AND the perfect lot!! My hubs and I are the same way...he just goes with the flow and I get all fired up! That's robably why we work out!
Have fun at the concert tonight...I am JEALOUS :P
Ahhh... there's just something about George that hits the spot!
Woohoo! Congrats on the new house missy! Can't wait to see and hear more about it.
And can I just say I have had a crush on GS since I was little. He's on my list. Wink wink. Along with Blake Shelton. Yummy! So jealous u went to their concert!
I have my email private bc I was getting over 50 emails a day from blogs. If u wanna get in touch with me feel free to email me blairkgiles@gmail.com. Not twitter here..I'm not that cool. HA!!
Post a Comment