I read hundreds of blogs almost daily. Some of the bloggers I know in real life. Some I have never met. It's a strange thing actually, the connection you have with other bloggers. It's a very unique community. Most of the blogs I read are design blogs because I love looking at pictures of beautifully decorated homes. Other's are people who I have an inquisitive desire to read about their lives. In a way it's almost like reality tv but in a good way because -I am not a fan of drama filled blogs, I get that fulfilment from the Real Housewives! I like seeing what outfits people are wearing or hearing about special sales because -I love a good bargain! I like reading new recipes or hearing about people's kitchen successes and their fails too (sometimes those are the best). I love reading funny stories or seeing pictures of children just living their happy carefree lives! Sometimes a post will leave me with questions that will never be answered and that's okay because I don't need to know everything. And other times I read stuff and think wowzers -I seriously didn't need to know that! But anyways...
A few weeks ago I went to a design blog and instead of the usual post/pictures by the blogger there was in it's place a post from the blogger's husband. It was tragic and heart wrenching and I can't even imagine the fortitude it took for him to even write the post but he did.
I thought for awhile whether to post about this but it has weighed on me ever since and I just think it is a powerful tribute and reminder of just how fragile life is and how quickly it can be lost. Please visit Marija's blog. Marija was a beautiful wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and blogger. She was just living life and doing something she loved and was taken from her family and friends in an instant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
It's only been a couple of weeks since our journey began but we are so over the moon excited! I just wanted to drop in and invite you along for the ride - either you're a follower of my OTHER blog or just a sweet person I'd love to come along!
Hopefully, the secrecy won't last long... www.DefinitelyMaybeBaby.com
Much love, luck, and blessings!!
The *Maybe* Baby Mama
Wow, how moving and so sad! That must have been so hard to write. Hopefully the comments will provide some comfort and love during this most awful time for them.
Such a sad story. I can't imagine how her husband and children are feeling. Thank you for sharing and reminding us to never take a day for granted. XOXO
Wow. What an awful situation! And morbid as it may seem...the thought crossed my mind, that if I ever died, my blog friends would probably eternally wonder what happened to me because I know my husband wouldn't be posting. Though maybe he would. Who knows.
Thanks for sharing this story!
wow...that is so sad and a reminder that this life is short and we never know when it may end. It is crazy to me how close I feel to so many blog friends that I have never met IRL...but what an awesome community of supporting people to be a part of!
new follower :)
Post a Comment