A few of you were surprised to hear I had a (nearly) teenager so I figured I'd do a post including some pics of my littlebit (I guess it has been awhile). This is my littlebit and her new locker in her new school. She was pretty proud of the decorating job she did on her locker... can you tell?
Yesterday was her first official day and she said she really likes her new school and she has already made some new friends!
Our Weekend~
This past weekend we had a girls day out on Saturday and got mani-pedis and did some last minute school shopping to pick up just one more new outfit.
My plain jane pedi.
Littlebit went a little more adventurous!
On Sunday we headed to our usual weekend destination -the lake! We had a great day relaxing on a breezy and somewhat cooler day.

While we were at the lake my friend Stef asked if we'd like to go to the Starlight Theatre to see Beauty and the Beast and since it was such a nice day we jumped on the offer (and of course there's that little fact that I LOVE BROADWAY SHOWS!). After getting home from the lake we showered and got cleaned up for our night out. The play was fantastic and the sets were ahh-mazing, they were some of the most vivid and beautifully colored sets I'd seen at a show.
.jpg)
And just because this is the most random post ever -weekend before last my sweethubby and I ran the Susan G. Komen 5k! Please excuse the post race red face (and this was probably at least an hour after the race) I was exhausted! Littlebit and my friend Stef did the mile walk.
Me, littlebit, Stef
Me, sweethubby, "Big Ticket" -my hubby's friend
And just because... a few more pics from our Chicago trip!
This has been the longest week ever for some reason! On Tuesday our Book Club met at Blue Grotto in Brookside, I had a pepperoni pizza and it was delish! We had a couple new members and one is another blogger, her name is Beka -she has a really interesting job where she gets to travel the country and do political campaign trainings... you can check out her blog here.
This month we are reading, "The Help" -I'm excited to get started on it, I've heard so many great reviews of this book!

Well, that about wraps it up here at just because... I Hope everyone is having a great week!








5 comments:
I'm noticing your daughter sporting some UK blue fingernails....;)
Looks like a great weekend..I cannot wait to spend time with my daughter once she gets here. The pictures are great & way to go on running that race!
Little Bit looks adorable in her trendy little outfit! Ah, the days of lockers and decorating them. Mine was plastered with lord only knows what! I'm sure I thought it was cool at the time (:
Ah aren't you the sweetest! :) I wish my nails looked like your daughter's! It was great to meet you Tuesday.
Your daughter is adorable! And your time at the lake makes me very jealous! Looks like you've been really busy but having lots of fun!
AWE!!! She looks so adorable in front of her cool locker!!! I'm so glad you were able to find everything she needed. Her nails look awesome too!!! I still can't believe we didn't run into each other at the race but I guess that's what happens when you run with 20K plus people. :) XOXO
Post a Comment