Thursday, September 2, 2010

Are you ready for some football...



Yes, it is that time of year again! College, NFL it is game-on at our house and we love it! I must confess I get into it as much (okay not as much but close to as much) as my sweethubby. Maybe it's because I grew up the only girl and have 5 brothers or maybe it's because I love hot guys in tight pants (which would also explain my crush on the rodeo sorts and that short stint I lived in Waco, TX) but in all seriousness I really just love it!

I love everything about it... the tailgating prep (I can get all sorts of excited over finding clearance items in my teams colors -which both happen to be red), the food prep the night before, deciding what to wear, the set-up, the people, the smell of all the delicious food being cooked, the friendly banter with opposing team folk, enjoying all that delicious smelling food (but saving room so I can still get a hotdog at the game -and maybe some nachos too!), the singing of the national anthem, the joyous cheers as the teams run out, the excitement of the game (sometimes the closer the score the better -as long as my team is winning!), the high fives with every score or great play - I mean seriously what is not to love!

The action starts tonight! Including the Chiefs playing the Packers but the big college game where I'm from isn't until Saturday... the in-state rivalry of the UK Wildcats and the U of L Cardinals!



I will be in KY this weekend but I won't be going to the game this year. I'm making the long trip for a short visit with my family! I can't wait to eat Sunday dinner at my grannies!

4 comments:

Kitty and June said...

so i don't watch football, but i love football season for the good food and hang outs with friends! haha! i'm such a girl! have a great weekend!

Jen Watts said...

I'm pumped about the big game too!! How exciting you'll be in KY for the game...and enjoying some home cooking!

Gwen said...

We were at the game last night too!!! The weather was perfect and YAY for a win!!! Have a great trip this weekend!!! XOXO

Jordan said...

I LOVE football season, too.. maybe even more to the hubs, but I blame mine on my football lovin' dad, since I'm the oldest of three girls! Have a great weekend! We'll miss you tomorrow!