but, before I do that I'll recap this past weekend really quick-
Friday- the hubs and I met another couple at the Thai Place in Westport for dinner -I had the Garlic Pepper Chicken Stir Fry and it was delish!
Westport was having it's annual
so the environment was a little less "typical Westport" and a little more reserved actually and of course it ended up raining so I think that kept the crowds to a minimum -which was really nice for a change.Saturday- While we were at dinner on Friday I asked my friend if she had any hair appointments open for the next day and she did so I finally decided to cut my hair off again. It's something I do -I let it grow, then I cut it off really short, I let it grow and then I cut it off... (actually my blogger profile picture is from the last time I had cut it off which was about 3 years ago and it had been growing since then). So Saturday morning I went to my hair appointment and then Little Bit and I did a little shopping.
Saturday evening -the hubs and I went out with some friends to celebrate a couple of September birthdays, the place we went had their annual September 11 Memorial Ride earlier that day so there were tons of bikers with their Bret Michael's look going on -but it was a lot of fun!
Here's a picture of us (and my new do)!
And now onto our KY Labor Day Weekend trip...
I had actually debated up until the last minute whether to go or not. It is such a long drive for such a short weekend trip, but I really miss getting to see my granny and I just couldn't resist.
Here is a pic of My Granny and Little Bit (this is an old pic but it's the only one I have on my drive right now).

I always drive half way and get a room and then get up early and drive the rest of the way, so it was Saturday at lunch when we got into Lexington and we made a quick stop by Ramsey's for some Missy's Pie (when I went in June -traffic was backed up and I didn't want to wait in it so I didn't get a piece).
I got butterscotch (of course)

and Little Bit got the brownie pie.

We called my mom and had her drive to Winchester to meet us -they were having the Pioneer Days festival so I wanted to peruse and see if there was anything I wanted for my upcoming fall decor and of course I love fall festivals and anyplace I can get funnel cake...


Little Bit and my nephew both made some sand art.



Looks like there is more corn on the ground than in the kettle.

I did end up buying two big orange bows for our front columns.


The festival was a lot of fun and we ended the day with a Saturday night drive-in movie beneath the stars.

Sunday -I got to eat my most favorite meal and that is whatever my granny cooks for Sunday dinner. I had gravy and biscuits followed by potroast, potatoes, and cornbread.
While we were there we celebrated my mom's, dad's and Little Bit's birthdays that are all about a week apart with some DQ icecream cake.


It was definitely too short of a visit but I'm so glad I went ahead and went. I miss getting to spend time with my family.








5 comments:
Aww....love all the KY pics!! Your little bit is completely adorable..looks like a fun filled trip..now I know you bought those redneck wind chimes for your new house ;)
What a sweet picture of your granny! There's nothing like a good old country meal (:
Funnel Cake...yum!!! And beer can windchimes!!! Too funny. I love, love, love your new hair. Can't wait to see it in person. It's been far too long!!! XOXO
your hair cut is so cute!!!! can't wait to see it at book club!!!
Looks like a great weekend/trip. I love the new hair- very cute! OMG- that pie looks amazing! I've never had butterscotch pie, but it sounds super tasty!
Post a Comment