Friday, November 19, 2010

4 new tires, 3 flat tires, 2 trips to Firestone, and finally, finally one happy ending

Is that not the longest title ever.

Another week has past and still no house pics, I know I am big fat liar.

Oh, well... I'll eventually get it together.

Sorry, but this has been my week:

When I came out from work on Tuesday, I found my car with a flat. Luckily, we have security that came to my rescue and pumped it up so I could get to the tire shop. Tire shop was packed and couldn't get to me -so I went to Wally World (you know the place that has everything and never closes). I got an oil change and they said they fixed my tire.

Wednesday morning I go to leave for work and guess what... my tire is flat -again!

I get out my handy dandy air pump and pump it up and drive to the tire shop (Firestone -a real tire shop, not wally world) of course they talk me into buying all new tires instead of just replacing the one -it is coming on winter and I really did need new tires so I agreed and it was buy 3 get one free -and I can't pass up a deal like that now can I?

After being told it would be 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes max, I was on my way after 2hours 15 minutes but hey... I had 4 new tires and was good to go!

I work and then go to Zumba (at my work) go to leave and yeah unbelievably -my tire was flat again (the original flat tire)!

Irate would be putting it lightly, I think I could have killed someone with my mind if those sort of powers existed! I called the tire place and of course they were dumbfounded and asked if I was sure it was the same tire... Um, hello?! this is the 3rd time I have had to pump it up -I know what tire it is! They asked if I could get it back in to them -I was like... oh yeah, I'm coming straight there and you are going to fix it because I didn't pay $500 for 4 new tires to come out of work to a flat!

I get to the tire place and some little punk (not the guy I talked to on the phone) was like -well, we close at 8:00 and we have 4 people waiting so we probably can't get to you.

Oh. No. He. Didn't! Yeah, you're messing with the wrong lady. KID!

sidenote: you know the Ashley Judd quote about Kentucky girls...
"Tough girls come from New York. Sweet girls, they're from Georgia. But us Kentucky girls, we have fire and ice in our blood. We can ride horses, be a debutante, throw left hooks, and drink with the boys, all the while making sweet tea, darlin'. And if we have an opinion, you know you're gonna hear it.”

Well, that quote is pretty much truth!

Don't think for one second it bothered me that I was about to be unlady like in public in front of complete strangers at the tire shop...

So, I told the kid. You are going to fix my car! Tonight! and you're going to Do. It. Right. Now!!! (this of course is the watered down nice version that is g-ma readable -go with it. k. thanks!)

That got his attention! So he wrote up the order and handed me the sheet to sign...

Again. I don't think So! It said Tire Repair $25

I hand it back and tell him that I paid $500 for new tires. THIS MORNING! I will not be paying them ANYTHING! He was like well maybe you ran over something on your way to work.

CAN THIS KID REALLY BE THIS STUPID (I mean seriously, I know that could be possible, but REALLY?!)

So again I reply (again -let's just say I let him know he needed to go get someone else to talk to me with an assertive tone... shall we)

He went to get back up (I guess the guy I had talked to originally on the phone) and of course he said they would get it up on the rack immediately and find out what the problem was. NO CHARGE!

Now this is a guy. Who knows how to do business. Finally!

15 minutes later, he let's me know it was a sensor causing my tire to go flat the entire time and he would replace it and I'd be on my way. And I was about 15 minutes later.

And yes, I was paranoid and didn't sleep very well thinking I would surely wake up again to another flat tire. Thank goodness! (and for Firestone's sake) I didn't!

And now just so this whole post isn't wasted on a flat tire and my unlady likeness, I wanted to let you know that I bagged up 5 garbage bags full of clothes last night -from my major closet clean out (toss, restore, organize). So my hubs could take them to one of his employees (and family) who just lost their entire belongings in a house fire.

It really puts me back into perspective of being NICE and showing patience and kindness to others.

I guess we all have our days and moments!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I had a similar situation earlier this year with my BRAND NEW car. I got a flat by running over a nail and of course it punctured in the tire wall and couldn't be replaced. So I take it to get a new tire (really shouldn't that be covered under warranty) and not even a week later, I run over another nail in the SAME tire! Seriously, what are the odds? I should have purchased a lottery ticket.

I'm glad your situation is finally resolved (:

Jen Watts said...

omg! I would be so mad! I'm so happy you showed them KY girls can't be messed with..Hope you have a fabulous weekend :)

Jordan said...

Oh goodness! That would be enough to make anyone go crazy! And the punk kid certainly didn't help.. glad it's finally fixed and way to go on the clothes! A little happiness project?

d.a.r. said...

Good for you for not taking any crap!! I am so glad that it got fixed...what a disaster!

Gwen said...

I still can't believe you had to go through all of this. Thankfully you stood your ground and got it resolved. Go Girl!! XOXO