Now, that it is getting darker earlier I have had no problem going to bed earlier -I always feel like it is 8:00 or 9:00 when it's really only like 6:00 or 7:00. The organization where I work is a big proponent of health and wellness so they offer an on-site exercise facility and also exercise classes so I signed up for an additional class on Wednesdays. Last night after we ate our yummy Turkey Taco Nachos (so easy and filling) we went for a couple laps around our neighborhood. I am really feeling better and have noticed a change in my attitude as well.
Here's the super easy recipe for my Turkey Taco Nachos:
1-2 lbs of ground Turkey
1 packet of low sodium Taco seasoning
low fat Mexican shredded cheese
1 bag of baked Tostitos

Directions: Brown the Turkey on the stove top, drain any fat, add a 1/3 cup of water and sprinkle the taco seasoning in and stir until all the turkey is seasoned.
On a baking sheet spread chips out and top with a layer of shredded cheese, then add a layer of turkey, then top the turkey with a another layer of shredded cheese. Broil on low until cheese is melted (only takes a few minutes -and be careful to not burn your chips). Serve with salsa and any other toppings you like (I am a super plain jane eater so I eat everything really plain).
This past weekend my hubs went to Texas for the Nascar race so, I was able to get a lot done that was on my to-do list. I am almost finished and will take some pics for your viewing pleasure. I am having a jewelry party this weekend which I scheduled just so I would have to get some things done before people come over.
I did do a little shopping with a friend while the hubs was away and you couldn't miss all the holiday decor and music that has already started. But I won't act like it is horrible that it is started already because I LOVE IT! I am excited for this weekend that I will get to host a little event and do a little holiday decorating. My invite was Jingle & Mingle (Jingle- as in jewelry...bling,bling :) Come Try & Buy... nothing like getting the holiday shopping started!
Here are few things that have already caught my eye:
Cashmere Hand Warmers from Restoration Hardwood -only $18

They are available in an array of colors -This red would be perfect for our Chief's or Card's games.
Love this black lab sleigh pillow from Shop[ten]25.

Too bad the lab isn't chocolate :(
My wubbie lubbies would look fabulous in these Kaleidoscope Collars from Furbish.

Love how colorful they are and only $26.
Another pair of Toms, Love these Gilded Herringbone

I went to get the Ash and they didn't have my size :( but I'm kind of glad now because I think I love these more!
A few of my purchases from this weekend...


Gotta love Forever 21's cheap prices!
I also did some more thrifting.
My daughter has been wanting a vanity for her room so we've been on the lookout, she found one! It is a deco and it kind of looks like this

we got a great deal because the mirror had gotten broken and was no longer available, which was fine because in most cases older mirrors have lots of spots in them.
She's thinking of what color she wants to paint it, I'm hoping she picks something metallic so it will be fancy like this

I will have to find a new mirror which isn't a big deal considering I was thinking I'd probably have to replace the mirror if it had come with it.
This Pottery Barn one is really cute!

or there is this cheaper alternative

And yes, this is another project to add to my to-do list so it's a good thing I'm working on an energy boost :)
My friend is so funny...
I bought a table while we were out and the sales guy said I think we have one more in the back in a box. I told my friend -I hope they don't so I can buy this floor model (already put together) at a discounted price (it had a few dings but nothing horrible). Guess what, he came back and said the one on the floor was the last one and he could sell it to me 30% off, I said if you make it 40% off I'll take -he agreed! My friend said next time I want to go furniture shopping -you are coming with me. It was a good day!








3 comments:
ok....turkey tacos are my favorite, awesome finds at the thrift store and those TOMS are so cute! you need to get them so i can see them on someone! :)
have a good one!
those nachos sound yummy!
your party sounds like so much fun..hope its a blast!
I really think I might need to get a pair of TOMS!!! I didn't like them at first but now they are growing on me. I can't wait to see how the vanity turns out...let me know if you need any help. And I agree. You need to bargain shop with me too. :) XOXO
Post a Comment